Often it is not enough just to buy a virtual number and set up a PBX, so that customers come through this sales channel. The service provided by the company is important.
That’s why we want to share our vision of service and customer service. Everyone talks about it, but very few people actually provide it to customers. And telephony is directly related to customer service, whether remote or local.
For the vast majority of companies, customer service (aka helpdesk or support service) is an answer to customer questions at best. For example, at telecom providers it looks like this (we give these examples, since we ourselves have a lot of experience in this area):
“Can I set up forwarding to my phone” – “You can, check out the manual at this link….”.
“I have spam going to my number …” – “Is it spam, it’s bullshit, not spam”
“Outgoing calls don’t work” – “Calls go well on our side, look for the problem on your side.”
And so on in that manner. This is NOT the way to respond to customers!
The very semantics of “customer service” implies more than just avoiding an answer or giving a one-word answer to a question. It implies supporting the customer, helping him with his questions and problems. Ideally, it means solving their problems.
That is why we pay special attention to customer service. This is our chip and advantage. So how should customer support ideally be carried out?
What are the components of an ideal service?
- Consultation or consulting before the service is connected. It is not just necessary to answer the question of whether you have such and such a service and how much it will cost. It is necessary to clarify customer’s tasks in order to offer the best variant for the customer in terms of price and efficiency.
- We make all the settings for a client in call forwarding scenarios. As they say, the client only needs to pay – we do the rest for him. No referrals to manuals.
- Full support and assistance with all your questions and tasks, even if these questions don’t concern us. For example, a client can not set up a SIP-client on his computer. De facto, this is not our task, because this SIP-client belongs to a third party. But we help him in most cases (if possible), that and how best to configure. Because if he can’t do it with us, he will go to someone who will help him do it.
- Improving your client’s business performance. If we see something that could be improved in the client’s settings – we always tell him about it. For example, which redirection scenario would be most effective for the client’s tasks.
- We, as a support team, know that our goal is to solve the customer’s problems and make them happy and their business efficient. After all, it helps us grow and develop as well.
Response time to customer inquiries
An important point is the speed of responding to customer inquiries.
You need to respond as quickly as possible. As fast as you can. That way, you can get ahead of the competition.
And even if you can’t give an immediate answer right now, write to your customer right away that you are solving their issue and will contact them soon. It’s important to let the customer know that their issue is being addressed, not just that it hasn’t gotten to them yet.